You might be dealing with the stress of a leaking or damaged roof, and then on top of that, you have the stress of selecting a roofing contractor!
Here are some basic items to consider as you make your decision:
1. Make sure the contractor is licensed. Maryland requires that a Maryland Home Improvement License which must be renewed every two years. Ask your contractor or just look them up at https://www.dllr.state.md.us/cgi-bin/ElectronicLicensing/OP_search/OP_search.cgi?calling_app=HIC::HIC_qselect
2. Make sure your contractor is carrying general liability insurance. This protects you in the event your roof, house, or property is damaged. ALL legitimate roofers will carry insurance and be happy to give you proof.
Your Home Protects Your Family, Your Roof Protects Your Home
3. Will drip edge be installed? Drip edge helps guide the water runoff into gutters, rather than behind them so the wood and fascia of your roof will be protected from water damage.
4. We call it “Clean up and Haul Away” and it’s almost like one word we’ve said it so often. Make sure your estimate includes removing all refuse materials related to the job.
5. What is the warranty the company provides? The length of the warranty will depend upon whether it is a repair job or a new roof. A repair may only have 1 to 5 years, but a new roof should have at least a 20-year warranty.
6. If your contractor finds additional rotten or damaged wood, what is the cost? When assessing your roof, your contractor can’t see underneath all the shingles so your estimate will include what they think they will find, but sometimes there is more rotten wood that needs to be replaced. There should be a clear cost per sheet or linear foot if additional damaged wood is found.
Ready for a Professional Roof Consultation?
Contact Booth Brothers Construction!
We are a Local & Family-Owned Roofing Company that you can trust for your Roof Replacement, Roof Repair/s, Siding Installation and more! (Financing Available!)
Click here to Schedule a Free Consultation